Your life is a journey
My life has been a very interesting. From the time I was a little boy to being in college now has been quite the journey for me. It all started 44 years ago when I was born in San Diego, Ca. in 1966. I remember the good times I use to have as a young boy growing up when we as a family would go fishing to the river. It was a 3 hour drive from our house to the river, and we would usually go around the holidays, Easter, Thanksgiving or just in the summer time. It always seemed like a long drive in the back of the camper as we would have to travel through the mountains and across the desert to get there. We always knew when we were getting close by the smell of the cow manure as we pasted through the desert. We would go and spend a week just camping out on the river bank fishing and swimming the whole time we were there. Riding our bikes on journeys along the river to find clams to fish with and riding over the dam so we could look down at the water as it rushed out of the spillway. We would have a campfire every night and roast hotdogs and marshmallows as we fished from the banks. From being on the river to today with my own kids has been quite a wonderful journey for me as I can now use my experiences from when I was a youth to teach my kids and start some wonderful memories for them to enjoy. As I live in a different state now than when I was younger we will be able to explore some knew areas to begin our own journeys and build new memories with our kids to enjoy later in their lives.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010